Monday, January 7, 2013

A Rude Awakening


I had a very rude awakening and one I desperately needed. I knew I just went into a tailspin in December. I ate whatever I wanted, drank whatever I wanted and largely did (or didn’t do) whatever I wanted. I knew the pounds were packing on, but for some reason I didn’t care. I started my total body cleanse on Saturday morning. I was going to start it earlier in the month, but I could never find the time to read the instructions. This cleanse is not nearly as bad as that Lemonade Cleanse I did back in March. I will never do any all liquid thing again. That was painful and horrible and half the time I was scared and wanted to quit, but everything I read said I couldn’t just quit.

So anyway, this one is herbal supplements and fiber and stuff, that I take in addition to my diet. I’m not allowed red meat or pork, but I can have organic free range chicken and turkey and wild caught fish. Fruits and Veggies, whole grains like Quinoa and the sort. Fish Oil and Flax Oil. No Dairy, but butter. (Completely random!) So there is food in this cleanse and I like that. I’m eating all the time. I just wasn’t sure what to take and when and how. There are 3 bottles. So I finally read the stuff.

I haven’t touched a scale in I don’t know how long. Which is shocking, because I’m a daily weigher. I finally let curiosity get the best of me and I stepped on Sunday afternoon. Grant it, it was a mid-day weigh-in, but It was 204.4 pounds. I’ve always carried my weight pretty well. But I promised myself that I would never get to that weight again. That is 28 pounds since September. Oddly, although my clothes are tighter, they still fit. Grant it, my skinny minis, do not, but the bulk of my stuff does. So I guess I wasn’t expecting it to be that bad. I’m very disappointed in myself and I can’t just blame it on stress. That was all me.

So today I stepped on the scale and I weigh 202.2 which makes me feel a little better but not much. This Cleanse last for 7 days and when I have completed it, I'm going to do the liver Cleanse, which I think is probably desperately needed! LMAO I’m in full marathon training again, which should really start to scrape the pounds off. I also ordered a new fitbit (the worlds most awesome pedometer, if you have never heard of it go look it up. [the one with the sleep tracker]) which I’m hoping will motivate me to move around more throughout the day and encourage me to get my mid-week runs in.

Wish me luck as I try and bring myself back. I have dedicated this year to me. Its all about me. I’m getting veneers on my front 4 teeth, because I always wanted them. I’m going to the dermatologist. I’m getting active again. Getting my eating back in check. Getting new glasses and contacts. I’ve put myself on the back burner too long and I’ve let my vices take over my life. No more.

Awesome

2 comments: