Monday, November 11, 2013

You

Forgive me. I've been reading poetry in school. No worries this will not turn into a poetry blog. :)


You

You stole a glance from across the room
You brushed my hand as you walked by
You nudged my knee under the table
Where did you come from?

I hadn't noticed you, but you invaded my space
I don't know how, but you contacted me
You knocked on my door asking to be let in
I didn't ask to be noticed

You made yourself at home inside of me
You coaxed me out of my dark places
You pushed down the walls I had built up
I didn't ask for this security

You placed me on a slippery slope and kissed my forehead
You let me compromise who I am and held me tight
You dominated my time and filled my mind
What did I do with my time before this?

You didn't say no when you should have
I would have agreed
You knew things would be strange
How was I supposed to know?

Quietly you came in
Loudly you stayed
Quietly you slipped away
I didn't ask to be forgotten

You stopped sending me messages
My body is long cold from your touch
My door sleeps quietly

Where did you go?

Awesome

1 comment:

  1. It is a general opinion that it is not possible for disable people to go on dates or have a normal social lives like other people. However, this perception is changing in many societies where disabled people have courageously opted to live a normal and independent life as far as possible. This also means that they are both economically and physically independent and trying their best to have normal social interactions. One often comes across advertisements on the internet, printed and electronic media on disabled dating sites in UK,which help challenged individuals to connect with each other. Also, there are several disabled dating organizations, which organize social interactions between disabled people. Internet plays an important role in helping disabled to live a healthy social life.

    ReplyDelete